Hall of Fame

Mission Statement

The history of the Danbury High School Athletic program started on Main Street in Danbury in 1903 and continued when DHS moved to its White Street location in 1926, and finally settled in 1964, at the Clapboard Ridge location. The high school was officially dedicated in 1965. A strong athletic program has always been a part of the DHS tradition. Great teams built through the combination of school support, coaches, families and individual players have set numerous records and won many events and titles. Thanks in part to the hard work of the Hall of Fame Committee members, the endorsement of the Board of Education, and the strong commitment of Mayor Mark Boughton, this wonderful concept of athletic commemoration has continued to move forward. Fundraising has also improved with the addition of our Annual Golf Tournament. Proceeds from that tournament along with the help from The City of Danbury, we are happy to say that our goals to transform the hallway outside the gym area, is now in construction. Individual excellence is what we celebrate in the induction of our athletes to the Athletic Hall of Fame. But each of the inductees knows it was the team effort that got them here. So we are also saying thank you to all the great teams who helped these individuals attain their goals. This celebration of our past will certainly inspire DHS student athletes to dream of what is yet to be.

Board of Directors
Jim Blansfield, President; Jackie DiNardo, Vice President;
Brian Skarda, Treasurer; Rosemary Pardalis, Secretary;
Mike Stein, Historian; Lisa Mikelic, Betsy Merullo, John Merullo,
Wendy Pandolfi, Arthur Haddad, Sal Pandolfi, Ron Struski,
Kathleen Kopec, Norm Winnerman, Fred Morelock

— Ex-Officio Member —
Chip Salvestrini, Athletic Director

 

— Selection Committee Members —
Betsy Merullo, John Merullo, Brian Skarda,
Mike Stein, Ron Struski, Fred Morelock